Sunday, August 14, 2011

What do you think of my story idea?

It sounds interesting but definitely needs more development. I would recommend that you plan everything out before you start writing to help you stay on track and take the story where it needs to go. When I'm working on the plot of a novel, I sit down and brainstorm a lot of ideas for events, characters, problems and challenges they face, etc. I ask a lot of questions like "what if this happened?" and brainstorm on that for a while, then move onto the next thing. And I always ask "why." try not to settle for the first answer that pops into your head. These first ideas tend to be less original and more cliche. If you push yourself to think outside the box and think of dozens of possibilities, you'll be able to find the ones that are most unique and best suited for your story. Just keep working on the plot and character planning until you know what you want to do, then start writing. And remember you can always go back and change things if you get to writing and realize somethings not quite right. Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment