Monday, August 8, 2011

4 year old Bed wetter☆Any Suggestions?☆?

I have a 4 year old daughter. She has a problem wetting te bed. As I did when I was her age. I heard it can be hereditary. She also waits until the very last minute during the day to go to the bathroom. I understand she is a busy body and going potty is probably the furthest thing from her mind, but she suddenly gets this look and does the peepee dance complaining she has to go. My boyfriend says that when she wets the bed she should be whipped. I disagree very strongly. I don't want to embar my daughter or make her feel guilty she feels bad enough waking up wet. I have used many suggestions. No drinks before bed, waking her in the middle of the night, positive reinforcement and having her help clean up her mess. The middle of the night works great but I am 4 months pregnant and have been very tired. It's hard to get up and take her. Is there anything else I can try? Also, any ideas on how to better explain to my boyfriend that threatening her with a is not going to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment