Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My husband is so sensitive I can't even say little things without him being offended?

Last night I was going to grill but he took the plate instead. I asked him if he would please use the timer (because he often forgets and things get overcooked). He freaked out, I said "is it the worst thing I can do" he said "is burning the meat the worst thing I can do" I said "no, but I'm not the one who is mad and throwing a fit about it." I said "can't I be honest with you?" I'm just saying it gives me anxiety. Can I help what gives me anxiety? I just made one little request that he use the timer. If he had just ignored me and cooked without the timer and even if he did burn it I would not say anything. I feel like I am constantly having to foot so I don't hurt his wittle feewings. PLEASE! It makes me frustrated and weary like I can't say anything. How can he find confidence where little things like that won't bother him? Last week we were going to a funeral, we got off the interstate and he started to turn left, I said I think it's this way, right. He about jumped down my throat and yelled that he knew where he was going!! Turned out I was right, we were 15 min. late but I did not say one single word, gloat, nothing. We are in our 40s, married 17 years. This is certainly no deal breaker, not contemplating divorce or anything like that. I would just like some advice from some men or women who've had similar experience how to make things better.

No comments:

Post a Comment